Are you seeking a career in a family-friendly community that offers a great quality of life?
The Town of Three Hills offers diverse and rewarding career opportunities for everyone - from individuals beginning their careers to those with significant experience.
Town employees are committed to public service. They are the folks that provide the services, administer the programs, operate the facilities and maintain the infrastructure that makes the Town of Three Hills a great place to LIVE, WORK and PLAY.
Have you ever wanted to join an organization in a brand-new position where you can put your stamp on an entire department? Now is your chance. Come join us!
We are looking for a permanent, full-time (40 hours/week), Manager of Operational Services responsible for the leadership and operation of the transportation network, underground utility infrastructure and facilities, landfill, fleet maintenance, and the Three Hills Airport. Leading the Utility Department with four (4) Operators and the Public Works Department through a Public Works Coordinator and five (5) Operators (Equipment and Landfill), the Manager shall provide sound advice, related to the planning, supervision, and coordination of the Utility and Public Works Departments.
Reporting to the Director of Operations and Infrastructure, the Manager of Operational Services will ensure compliance with relevant legislation, policies, and procedures while providing customer service to residents. This role requires a self-motivated, community-minded individual who has exceptional interpersonal and organizational skills and can be flexible and meet stringent deadlines.
• Supervise and lead the Utility and Public Works departments
• Assist with developing operational priorities, budgets, reports, policies, procedures and Bylaws
• Assist with project management responsibilities for the implementation of capital projects
• Assist with updating and maintaining the Town’s Asset Management and Capital replacement plans
• Effectively communicate with external agencies, residents, staff and the Senior Leadership Team
• Display a high degree of confidentiality, professionalism and diplomacy
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
• Completion of Grade 12 diploma or GED Certificate
• Five (5) years of progressively more responsibility working in municipal government in a leadership role
• Certification in Water Treatment & Distribution, and Wastewater Collection and Treatment
• Practical knowledge of the Municipal Government Act and other applicable legislation
• Minimum of a valid Class 5 Drivers License
With your resume, provide a cover letter demonstrating how you will fit in and make a difference. Even if you don’t quite meet the qualifications outlined, submit your resume and cover letter outlining how you could make a difference and be the right fit!
For more information regarding this opportunity, or to submit your resume, please contact Grant Gyurkovits, Director of Operations & Infrastructure, at firstname.lastname@example.org. Please reference “Manager of Operational Services” in the subject line. Upon receipt of your resume and cover letter, an information package will be sent to you outlining further information, including salary, benefits, and pension information.
Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found. Interviews will occur as qualified applicants apply, so apply now!