Public Works Equipment Operator II
The Town of Three Hills is seeking a dynamic and motivated team member to fill the position of Public Works Equipment Operator II. The position offers a rewarding work environment to operate and maintain heavy equipment in a safe and effective manner while monitoring road and lane conditions, sidewalks, curbs, drainage ditches, and infrastructure. This is a full-time position requiring eight (8) hours per day, forty
hours per week. The rate of pay is per the CUPE Local 417-05 Collective Agreement.
Reporting to the Public Works Coordinator, the functional requirements will be:
- Ability to effectively and efficiently operate equipment including but not limited to; skid steer, loader, motor grader, rubber tire backhoe, rubber tire bobcat, street sweeper, street sander, single axle dump truck, tandem axle truck and landfill compactor;
- Ability to proficiently operate all other equipment owned or rented by the Town;
- Ability to make minor repairs and undertake standard maintenance procedures on all equipment they operate;
- Ability to perform manual labour;
- May be required to occasionally organize small work projects and supervise small crews of skilled or unskilled workers;
- May be required to undertake works to fabricate tools and/or finished structures in metal, wood or other materials;
- May be required to maintain and make necessary repairs to road and lane conditions, sidewalks, curbs and overland drainage ditches, pavement structures, gravel roadways and infrastructure;
- May be required to assist with the operation and maintenance of public works, utility, parks and recreation or waste facilities;
- May be required to work a modified schedule and/or partake in the standby rotation in order to accommodate seasonal or operational requirements; and
- May be required to assist in record-keeping and report preparation.
The Public Works Equipment Operator II shall provide the Public Works Coordinator with accurate and timely information to ensure municipal operations are maintained in an effective and efficient manner.
The preferred candidate will possess:
QUALIFICATIONS AND EDUCATION REQUIREMENTS
- Minimum of a valid Class 3 Drivers License with Air Brake "Q” endorsement;
- Successful completion of a Grade 12 diploma or GED certificate;
- Ground Disturbance Certification; and
- A minimum of 5 years’ experience or an equivalent combination of education and experience.
Emailed resumes are preferred and can be sent attention to Human Resources at email@example.com referencing "Public Works Equipment Operator II” in the subject line. Applicants are advised to also provide a cover letter that clearly and concisely demonstrates how their qualifications meet the advertised requirements, including education, experience, and relevant examples of required competencies. A current driver’s abstract will be required by the successful candidate upon acceptance of the position.
If you are unable to apply via email, please submit your cover letter and resume, to the Town Office (232 Main Street), marked Confidential; or faxed to (403) 443-2616.
The Town thanks all applicants for their interest. The Town is an equal opportunity employer and all applications will be reviewed to determine which candidates' qualifications most closely match the advertised requirements. Only individuals selected for interviews will be contacted and we regret that we are unable to accept telephone inquiries.
This posting will remain open until a suitable candidate is found.