TOWN OF THREE HILLS RESPONSE
As confirmations of Coronavirus cases in Alberta rise, the Town of Three Hills continues to monitor provincial and federal health agency reports and recommendations.
In an effort to maintain the overall health of our staff and the public, the Town of Three Hills has shifted our operational focus to essential services. The move has been taken as a result of the Alberta Government request to maintain social distancing measures as well as the need to sustain our workforce during the COVID-19 outbreak. As a result, the following changes to services and hours of operation are now in place:
The Town of Three Hills Office is now OPEN to the public (June 1, 2020). Please note that social distancing and sanitization practices are in place.
Emergency Line: 403-443-0037
On March 27, 2020, the Town of Three Hills Mayor and Council made an important notice regarding deferral periods for utilities and taxes. Details will be provided in the April Utility Bill or can be found below. Read the full notice here:
Public Works Department:
The Towns Public Works department is now focusing on critical services. Water treatment and distribution, Landfill Operation & Garbage Collection remain unchanged. All other services will be provided on an Emergency Maintenance basis.
Town of Three Hills facilities are reopening as per the Provincial Stage 2 Relaunch. The Community Centre is available for booking effective June 15, 2020. Please call the office at 403-443-5822 or email email@example.com to book.
In regards to the Arena Meeting Rooms and Arena Concrete Floor, as excited as we are to welcome you back, it is not possible for us to open on June 12th. Work over the coming days and weeks includes recalling employees, putting into place new protocols and barriers to ensure compliance with Alberta Health Services guidelines, and reviewing what areas and services are able to operate safely during Alberta’s second stage of relaunch. Announcement to come at a later date.
Parks, Playparks & Recreation Facilities (Updated 6/11/2020):
In compliance with the Governments COVID-19 restrictions and regulations, the Town of Three Hills is pleased to announce that further access to a number of our recreational facilities will now be permitted within the provincial guidelines.
The Town will only be completing minimum maintenance such as mowing in these areas. All restrooms and amenities will remain closed at all facilities.
COVID-19 Provincial Orders and Requirements: These regulations are still in effect and enforceable to maintain the health and safety of residents.
- All league play is strictly regulated.
- All Leagues must consist of "Mini Leagues" of no more than 50 people total (including officials and coaches).
- Teams can only play within their own "Mini League" and single geographical region (no out of Town games).
- All participants are required to complete self assessment forms prior to each game, and follow all sanitizing regulations as per Alberta Health Services.
- Leagues must maintain records of these self assessment forms as per the regulations.
- After activities, individuals should maintain physical distancing when returning to vehicles or homes.
- Those who are sick or symptomatic must not participate if recreational activities.
Personal Safety: The Town of Three Hills will not be sanitizing any public use areas or equipment. The use of all public recreational facilities is done so at the sole discretion and risk of the user. To protect yourself and your family, consider the following:
- Activities in public spaces should not include the sharing of common equipment unless it is sanitized between each use.
- It is recommended that residents and users clean and disinfect equipment prior to and after use.
- Choose to participate in activities that allow you to maintain physical distancing and you can bring/use your own equipment.
- Choose activities that do not include contact with other individuals.
- Limit congregating with other people when going to and from common areas (e.g. trailheads, parks and fields).
- Caution should be taken around common touchpoints; proper hand hygiene should be practised.
- Wash your hands frequently.
- Refrain from touching your face with unclean hands.
- Carry and use hand sanitizer containing at least 60% alcohol content.
- Wear a mask in public places to help limit the risk of spread to others if you will be within 2 metres of people other than members of your own household.
Please visit the following link for further detailed information
ABOUT COVID-19 (CORONAVIRUS)
Coronaviruses are a large family of viruses. Some cause respiratory illness in people, ranging from mild common colds to severe illnesses. Others cause illness in animals. Rarely, animal coronaviruses can infect people then spread from person to person through close contact.
Novel coronaviruses are new strains of the virus that have not been previously identified in humans.
INTERACTIVE COVID DATA & LOCAL INFORMATION
Learn about the novel coronavirus (COVID-19) and actions being taken to protect the health of Albertans.
SUPPORTS FOR ALBERTANS
Three Hills Capital:
Provincial & Federal updates as well as Three Hills Community and Business Updates
SOCIAL AND EMOTIONAL CONNECTORS
Community Addiction and Mental Health: Three Hills Clinic, 403-443-8532
Community Addiction and Mental Health: Drumheller Clinic, 403-820-7863
Mental Health Helpline, 24/7 support available: 1-877-303-2642
Addiction Helpline: 24/7 support available, 1-866-332-2322
Kneehill Regional Family and Community Support Services: 403-443-3800
Wheatland Crisis Society: 24/7 support available, 1-877-934-6634
Suicide Prevention Hotline: 1-877-934-6634 Distress Centre: 1-403-266-4357
Victim Services: 1-403-443-5539
WHAT TO DO IF YOU THINK YOU HAVE CONTRACTED THE CORONAVIRUS?