Boards and Committees
Committees are an important part of decision making in the Town of Three Hills. Both citizens and Councillors sit on various committees that oversee a variety of groups and activities.
This is your chance to have a positive impact in your community by volunteering for a Council committee or board. Committees of Council represent various civic interests and mandates and are an important part of good governance of our community, and contribute to the prosperity and sustainability of Three Hills.
If you are interested in participating on a Council Committee, please fill out the Application for Appointment to Boards and Committees and return to the Town of Three Hills.
CURRENT COMMITTEE OPPORTUNITIES
Economic Growth Committee
The purpose of the Economic Growth Committee is to act in an advisory capacity to Council on matters of business retention and expansions, investment and attraction, tourism, marketing and community development. The committee will strive to create a positive business climate, thereby fostering new industry, employment opportunities and increased assessment.
The key function of the committee is to:
- Advise and assist Council to accomplish economic development goals and objectives as outlined in the Economic Growth Strategic Plan, the Town of Three Hills Strategic Plan and the Integrated Sustainability Plan.
- Recommend additional strategies, ideas and solutions related to economic development and tourism in the Town of Three Hills and area;
- Initiate and advise on projects that support the Town's economic development and tourism goals;
- Serve as a conduit or collaboration channel to the public, business community or investors in support of development and the prosperity of the business and tourism communities;
- Review community needs related to economic development and tourism development and make recommendations to Council on what areas require enhancement and facilitation.
Municipal Planning Commission (MPC)